I have been trialling face-to-face lessons for the past few weeks and I’m pleased to announce that I am generally offering classroom based lessons again.
As required by all businesses, I have undertaken a risk assessment and have introduced the following changes to lessons.
Resumption of private piano lessons in Piano Studio – COVID-19 control measures.
- All common contact surfaces will be cleaned immediately prior to each student arriving, i.e. door handles, piano keys, music desk and piano stool.
- Provision of hand sanitiser in the entrance to the studio for use immediately before and after each lesson.
- I will take your temperature with a no-contact thermometer when you arrive.
- I will use the electric piano where practical to play and demonstrate passages of music or technique.
- Where closer contact is required, I will wear a face visor.
- Ventilation will be maximised by keeping the door open where practicable.
- There will be a period of your lesson where I will spend time cleaning the common contact areas.
- If I am unwell, or need to self-isolate, I will not conduct tuition face to face but will revert to online teaching.
Student’s / parent’s responsibilities
- Use hand sanitiser immediately before and after each lesson.
- Bring your music books, notebook and pencil, but please avoid bringing any unnecessary items into the studio, such as water bottles, coats etc.
- Arrive promptly for lessons. Don’t enter if there is a pupil still in the music room – look in the window to check and wait in the drive or in your car until they leave.
- Only one pupil can attend at a time, so parents and siblings will have to wait in the car.
- It will not be possible for pupils to use toilet/handwashing facilities in the house unless absolutely necessary – please ensure you go on the toilet before you come to the lesson.
- If you or anyone in your household become unwell, or asked to self-isolate, please do not attend your lesson in person, but have the lesson online instead.
As you will see from the above, I am continuing to offer online lessons via Zoom. If you do not feel comfortable with face-to-face lessons, I have another post detailing what you will need to do to prepare for online lessons.
My Book Online page is the best place to find an available lesson slot. I have very limited availability to take on new students at the moment. If you cannot find a regular weekly slot, the Book Online page has a button for you to Join My Waiting List where you can let me know which day(s) and time(s) you would be available to attend lessons (both face-to-face and online). If your preferred slot becomes available, I will contact you.
If you would like to take your very first piano lesson or add to your existing piano education, please book a lesson with me today, you can book online.